The Auditor-General is the Accounting Officer and head of the Office of the Auditor-General. There are presently four (4) Directors in the office and each department headed by a Director. The Auditor-General oversees, Coordinates and supervises the operations and activities of the various Departments
The Auditor General
MR. F.A ADESINA
The office of the Auditor General for the State is set out to achieve the following:-
- Fulfilling the power and responsibilities as provided under Section 125 of the 1999 Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
- Application of necessary extant laws, standards, ethics, regulations and procedures as demanded by the Local, National and Internationally recognized institutions i.e. Financial Regulations, Financial laws and Acts for Auditing the State financial statements, FRCN, ISA, IPSAS, INTOSAI, e.t.c.
- Exercising to an appreciable level of independence that will guarantee unbiased expression of opinion on State Financial Statement.
- Building a Professional and Highly qualified personnel versatile in Local and International Audit Services.
- Building a solid structural system that will assist Audit exercise and prevent threat.
- Displaying high level of proficiency as stated in regulation and professional ethics i.e. Integrity, Independence, Objectivity, Professional Skepticism, Confidentiality, Transparency, Accountability and Probity.
BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
The management team of the office of the Auditor General
Trending news from the office of the Auditor General